Wednesday, July 21, 2010

My temporary Happiness

FINALLY! I talked Larry into trading in my Honda Pilot with it's 16 MPG, seats for 8, great storage, DVD player, etc for a TOYOTA CAMRY HYBRID!!

I am "in love' with my car. Silver isn't the best color BUT 38 MPG or so is so great!! I love it. It is so comfortable, and has lots of bells and whistles. It is a very smooth quiet ride. Yeah, I love it.

On another note, it is strange to me how often I think of my mom. Going to the store I notice the foods she liked, recipes she gave me, sharing my grandkids with her, shoes she gave me, things she would say, etc. Here are a few examples: She swore WHITE NECTARINES were the best; When she visited me in Germany she always made me a PEACH PIE (mine didn't turn out this weekend and I want to know how to fix it); I made BROCCOLI this week (I made it for me when she was sick and she was grouchy and said "Who stunk up the trailer with Broccoli"); THE REDS struck out Adam Dunn last night (Larry wanted to call her and say, "What about that Adam Dunn?" like she always did); MY NEW CAR, she had a Camry and would love my new car; I mentioned once how much I loved my EDDIE BAUER FLIP-FLOPS and she brought me 5 or 6 pairs she found at an outlet; When I see a MOM on TV, I think of her; When I SWIM I think of how much she hated the water; SAMS CLUB, I always bought her real vanilla and pecans........ this could go on and on. Everytime I think of her my eyes start to tear up and I realize how very much I miss her. It is selfish of me but I wish I could go back 3 months and ask her some questions and feel her love for me. I am sure this will get easier as time goes on but right now, it is hard, and sad, and everything reminds me of her. Her influence is all around me.

3 comments:

Sarah Harward said...

All signs of a great mother! Love you!!

Searls Stuff said...

Congratulations on the new car! You will need to be careful with that gas mileage. I have a tendency to forget that my Jetta actually needs diesel until the gas light dings. My little Jetta has 130,000 miles on it and still gets around 40 MPG. I love it! Enjoy the freedom from the pump. It's great!

Tim said...

Time softens the feelings but they haen't gone away after a year for me.