Friday, September 16, 2011

Pansy P. Petunia


We had a Relief Society meeting last night entitled Poetry and Plants.  I wanted to find something from Shel Silverstein but didn't take the time to research and dig through his books.  I did, however, find this little goodie.  When I read it, I chuckled and chuckled and then broke out into a good laugh.  I didn't have the nerve to read it in front of the group last night but my friend Miranda did.  It didn't get too many laughs.  I guess you have to consider the audience.  Adults really don't like this type of humor (unless it is me).  I would love for Amanda and Sarah to read it to the kids and post their reactions/comments on here.

PANSY P. PETUNIA

I'm Pansy P. Petunia

and I never take a shower.

There isn't any need because

I smell just like a flower.


My breath smells like forget-me-nots.

My burps smell like impatiens.

My armpits smell like daisies

and my feet smell like carnations.


But what is most impressive,

and should tickle many noses,

is if I ever "cut the cheese"

it makes me smell like roses.


But maybe I'm mistaken

and could use a bath today,

'cause everyone who smells me

holds their nose and runs away!


--Kenn Nesbitt

(I chuckled again when I just read it)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

You are funny. I'll read it to the kids later and let you know. miss you

Searls Stuff said...

You are so weird! I guess that is why you get along so well with teenagers.