Monday, November 21, 2011

The last week of events

 Hannah and I have been hooked on this type of delicious salad.  I found a great recipe for a homemade poppyseed dressing and it is great (I like sweet dressings).  The salad is mixed greens, sliced strawberries, pecans, bacon bits and dressing.  The dressing recipe is:  3/4 cup sugar, 1/3 cup cider vinegar, 4 1/2 t. grated onion, 3 t. ground mustard (I put 1 1/2 t. yellow mustard or a little less), 1 t. poppy seeds
1/2 t. salt.  Mix and then wisk in 1 cup oil.  This stores well.
 Hannah's room.  We painted it a few months ago.  I think the color is a little bold but Hannah loves it.  She picked out fabric several months ago for a duvet cover.  The new quilting machine gave me the desire to get it done.  It is bold but Hannah loves it.  I pieced this crazy thing from a Pottery Barn Teen quilt that she loved.  I 'quilted' it without quilt batting to give the duvet cover a little substance (I only quilted the bold pieces).  Then sewed it to a sheet, put a zipper in the end and stuffed the duvet inside.  She is so happy.  I have to finish the curtains now and make a few pillows.
What to quilt on next????

No comments: