Sunday, July 13, 2008

Wednesday - Fancy Nancy Day

Maya even told the people at Tumbleweed that she WAS Fancy Nancy.
Landon had to wear his pirate patch from the Dollar Tree. During dinner it ended up on his chin. Quite funny.
You have to know that Porter has a thing for gloves. When he saw these gloves in the dress-up pile, he grabbed them first. It was funny.
I have to say I was pretty fancy, and Maya was fanning me with her feather fan...
Grampy and Hannah were so fancy.
Wednesday we took it a little easy. Our big event was Fancy Nancy Day. Fancy Nancy is a children's book about a little girl that loves being fancy but her family is plain (normal). (Thanks Elaine for introducing me to Fancy Nancy, I have all of the books now) She ends up teaching them how to be fancy and they get dressed up and go out to dinner. We read the book and then we got dressed up and went to Tumbleweed. The pictures say it all, we got some odd looks, to say the least. Of course we couldn't be seated in the front, our table was all the way in the back so we had to walk by everyone. We actually saw people we knew there, and that never happens. The things you do because you love your grandchildren and want to create a memory.

2 comments:

HoffmanFamily2 said...

These are all such cute ideas!! Sounds like a week of fun!! I think my favorite so far is Fancy Nancy day! Your such a great Nana!!

Elaine said...

Hi Amanda's Mom! You guys are the coolest grandparents. I'm glad you all had fun. :-)