Thursday, September 16, 2010

What have I been doing???

The beginning of summer I ordered a new couch and rocking chair for the living room. I gave the old (crappy) stuff to Brad and Jessica (hahaha, they got stuck with it). So finally the furniture came it. The one wall got a fresh coat of paint (from green to yellow) the old blinds were removed and new ones put up. We got rid of the carpet Larry hated and got new carpet.



Today, I spent the morning in the basement working on curtains for the windows. I am getting ready to hang them now (should have waited to take the photos). I love the more simple living room. Not as much clutter. I still have a bookshelf to clean off but so far, so good.




Now, on to Tuesday's project. I made this quilted placemat. Scrap fabric but it was easy and actually fun to do. I think I will do a couple of more. Maybe I will choose fabric I actually like or would use. Anyway, I really should get around to working on my Block of the Month squares.




Maybe tomorrow.......


PS For James. Living room with Curtains but nothing on the walls yet










3 comments:

Jims Porter said...

Looks great, Momma Pajama. You'll have to post pictures once the curtains are hung. Also, I really like the center fabric on those placemats. The black with the the small diamond shaped emblems. Tres cool, d00d. #ily.

Searls Stuff said...

Those walls aren't yellow! They are sort of goldenrod; but NOT yellow! Have you had your eyes checked lately? Looks nice!

Sarah Harward said...

Looks great and the place mat is super cute!