Monday, September 13, 2010

How can I be sad???



I went to Texas over Labor Day Weekend to visit Larry's parents. As always I came home with an exciting project to do. I tried to work on it last Tuesday before Amanda came home from Sarah's but didn't get much done. I wanted to work on it today but ended up washing sheets and grocery shopping, maybe tomorrow. I love my in-laws (I don't think I will call them in-laws because I have been in the family for almost 34 years) and it was a nice relaxing visit. We didn't go outside much so I didn't die in the Texas heat and I am sure (even though they deny it) that they turned their air-conditioner to a reasonable temp because I didn't freeze to death this time (except at Gwen's house). So, Shirley showed me an easy placemat that you quilt as you go. I am so excited to get busy.

Last week, on Wednesday, Amanda and I headed to Boston with her 4 kids. I swore after riding with Bennett as a baby for 12 hours I would never get in a car with kids for a long trip again. But, Amanda needed me and like Superman I had to rescue her. The trip wasn't too bad though. Miles did have a couple of screaming times but I kept shoving food at him and it seemed to help. We spent the night in a stinky hotel (have no fear, they brought us Fabreeze to cover the smell :(. Amanda's new appartment is soooo nice. I love it. Because Casey had unpacked the whole house, had beds made and groceries bought, I didn't have much to do while there but sit around and play with the grandkids. Tough job but someone has to do it. Then I flew home on Saturday. I found a place in Boston with TVs all over the place so I went in and ordered a bowl of Clam Chowder so I could watch the beginning of the BUCKEYE game. Rascal Flatts did a great job on the National Anthem. Then in Baltimore, I had two hours so I found a Mexican place to eat and watch the second half of the game. I was sick from all the food but it was worth it to watch the Buckeyes win. I was surprised at how many Buckeye fans there were in Boston and Baltimore.

So, I made it through Sunday and then today I feel a little blue. I was in Sams Club and felt like I should be talking to someone but no one was there. I came home to mow the lawn and start dinner and I know I fixed way too many ribs for me, Larry and Hannah.

I miss my grandkids. Isn't that picture so cute?

(Oh yeah, and Joey Votto hit a walk-off home run on Saturday night when I got home :)

4 comments:

Jims Porter said...

Next time you're in Sam's Club and sad, call me. I was blue today, too. I love you.

Sarah Harward said...

Well, you and James should have both called me. Heaven's knows I'm always up for talking!! I went to Sams club today by myself too, but unlike you, I was LOVING the alone time. But I would have loved to have been with you. You should come up to visit for a bit! We LOVE having Nana around!

Searls Stuff said...

The blues can be miserable. Mine are usually cured by a good dose of Texas sunshine and a massive cleaning jag. Hope you are upbeat again soon.

Jims Porter said...

I want some TX sunshine!!