Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Our front yard

I forgot to blog about the deer I saw in the front yard one morning. It was about 8:00 and there were three deer in our yard. They were enjoying a snack but I couldn't for the life of me figure out what they were eating.
We haven't had any rain to speak of since the beginning of August so we only have dead grass. I thought maybe they were eating the acorns that have fallen off of the trees but I don't know.

This picture is a little clearer but you can also see how terribly dead our grass is. I really wish the grandkids were here so they could see these cute deer but I am sure the deer would have heard the noise a mile away and stayed clear of this house.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

How cute. Bennett and I spent several minutes today watching a bee buzzing around our screen door, and sometimes we'll get a squirrel to watch, but those deer could really captivate.

Searls Stuff said...

Oh my! It looks like Texas!!! I hope you get some rain soon.