Thursday, October 28, 2010

5K


Yes, I walked a 5K around BYU campus with James. It wasn't the most exciting thing I did while I was out there but it was nice to see James a little embarassed. Most of the parents and families took this very seriously. They were in their running clothes and doing warm up stretches. The gun went off and so did they. Crazy people. We crossed the finish line in 53 minutes. James, who has been running a lot lately, though it silly to cross the line walking. Oh well, it was worth it, free bagels, fruit and water.
PS Yesterday was my mom 72 birthday. I still miss her. I want to live a life that allows me to see her again.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

You didn't tell me about this. Way to go! your amazing

Searls Stuff said...

You "go with your bad self" as some of my students would say!

Sarah Harward said...

I'm about to pee my pants that Aunt Gwen said 'you go with your bad self!' but it's a true statement! Way to go!!