Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Happy Birthday Hannah and a little more.

I am sitting here feeling a little sad that Hannah is now 16. Where has the time gone? She is such a great kid and I am so blessed to have her in my life. Sometimes I wonder what life would be like without her here. I would be so alone most of the time. I am grateful that I have her and that we get along so well and she is so amazing.
Not much fanfare on her birthday. She went to school (blah). I baked cookies on Sunday but I saved some dough so she could have some fresh ones on the first day of school. It is 27 years that I have made cookies on the first day of school. That seems like a lifetime. I took her to the YMCA and then to Target to get school supplies. We went to Cici Pizza for dinner where a few of her friends met us for dinner (along with Brad, Jessica and Tim). She got a curling wand for her birthday and a Glee folder for school. She is funny, wanting a Glee folder.
I am ready to start Seminary tomorrow. I have the porch all set up like a classroom. I feel I should take pictures and post them on here like all the 'real' teachers do, but I can't find my camera memory card. Maybe some other time. I am excited for Seminary to begin. I will have 10 students (well, maybe 8-9 will actually come). We will be studying the Old Testament every morning from 6:20-7:10. I need a nap just saying that.
That's it for my bi-monthly update........ maybe pictures next time.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Find that memory card!