Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Seminary Classroom

As I attempt to catch up on the old blog, I wanted to post pictures of the most time-consuming thing in my life right now. That is SEMINARY!! I am teaching 9 high school kids each morning in this little porch on the back of our house. I am doing my best but it sure is super hard. Harder than I thought.
This is the porch from the kitchen. This was taken today, after seminary. It looked neater on the first day of class (a little neater).


This is to record the Scripture Mastery verses they memorize. There are 25 Old Testament scriptures they can memorize this year. They are all doing a SUPER GREAT job so far. All students are 2 for 2!~!~



Each Scripture Mastery memorized, this is their reward. A KING SIZED candy bar. They like this. Parents supplied 25 candy bars for their student.

Books of the Old Testament down the side of the wall. I take a few away each week but ALL the kids already have them memorized (and so do I!).

This is, from left to right, The Plan of Happiness chart, Dry Erase Board and Scripture Reading Chart. Each student is encouraged to read 10 minutes every day. Under the Dry Erase Board is the question, "Where are we going to find Christ today?" They write in their FITs (Feelings, Impressions and Thoughts) book where they saw Christ in the Old Testament and/or we have a SO WHAT (from the third picture) moment which is how they can apply what was learned to their everyday life. How it can change them now! We try to share things from their FITs book every day at the end of class.


This is going to be a challenge for me to keep up the energy each week. I love teenagers and I love the gospel of Jesus Christ so it should be a great year.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

You kick butt.

Sarah Harward said...

I agree with Amanda. You kick butt!!