Tuesday, December 9, 2008

150 Days to go!!!

Our email from James this week was a little odd. At one point, he told this little story.

"This week Elder and Sister Eddy (one of my favorite senior couples in the mission office) took us out to dinner at Provo’s famous Brick Oven. It was our first time ever going, and it was really good. While I was at the salad bar, a man approached me and made mention of my Spanish speaking nametag. I asked him he had served a Spanish speaking mission, but quickly realized that he was a non-member. I returned to our table after he said something aggressive and not very nice to me. A few minutes later, our water gave me a piece of paper and told me that another customer had requested that he give it to me. It said “Say Saturday in Spanish. Why do you go to church on Sunday if you supposedly worship YWAH? Send the answer to ___________, Helper UT.” Maybe we’ll pay him a visit while we’re there this week."

Larry didn't get around to reading it until about 10:30 last night and felt VERY STRONGLY that James did not need to visit this guy. Larry was almost frantic about it. We searched and searched for a contact number for James but Larry ended up just leaving a message at the mission office. I know James is in St. George so I hope the office gives him a call. Other than when Brad was sick, we have never called the mission office.

Oh, I packed my 'hospital' bag yesterday. I know I will get 'the call' at about 10 PM when I am exhausted and have to rush the 3 hour drive to stay up all night. I secretly hope that she waits until Sunday and is induced. I do love being a Mom/Nana!!!

4 comments:

Susie said...

Keep up posted - on BOTH accounts!!

Susie said...

Honestly, can I type?

Keep US posted - on BOTH accounts!!

Sarah Harward said...

I haven't recieved that e-mail yet! Forward them on to us!!

Searls Stuff said...

Oh I am sooo glad I won't have to make a crazy drive for Leslie's next one. As a matter of fact, I will probably beat her to the hospital now that we live in Temple!
We will keep both of your kids in our prayers.