Tuesday, December 2, 2008

James sent me this picture in his email this week. He said that all his life he had prepared to serve a mission and leave his parents and siblings but he had not prepared for how hard it would be to leave nieces and nephews. I am not sure why Maya is crying and by the look on James's face, I don't think he knows why either.

Our holiday was great. Sarah and Steven got to come (no baby yet) my sister was here with her family and my mom. It was hectic (as usual) but I love having family together. I am so blessed and have so much to be thankful for. With all the trials and challenges, disappointments and failures - the blessings ALWAYS out-weigh the bad. I am grateful for that.

4 comments:

Susie said...

That is so great that James was able to see them! Do Amanda's inlaws live in Utah?

You never did say how the movie was? The picture of the guy on your blog is cuter than the guy in the movie, I think...

Becca Castello said...

That pic of James is too funny! I just noticed your comment about Hoss...I am horrible about staying current with the blog, but when I wrote the Hoss one....I was wondering if you were going to mention Pepes visit!! I still feel bad about that!!
Love you bunches!

tacy said...

did you ever get to see twilight?

Searls Stuff said...

James looks like he got caught pinching Maya and put on the "Who Me?" face. What a great treat for him!