Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Fabric Stash!!!!

I have been wanting to find a way to organize my fabric stash for sometime now. I have bits and pieces of fabric in drawers, on shelves, here, there, everywhere. So, I mentioned to Larry that I wanted to buy bolts to put fabric on. I priced some on the internet but they were quite expensive. I then ordered some comic book cardboard (someone on the internet recommended it) but that was terrible. Then my hubby brought some stuff home from work and it was perfect. Shelves that use to look like this one above, now look like

THIS!!!!
That is such an improvement. The thing I love most is that I can pull a bolt out and cut off what I need without having to fight the whole length of the fabric. Then, I just pin it back onto the bolt and shelve it. I still have some to do but I am loving it so far.
Amanda is having a baby boy in April and I found this cute fabric and have started a quilt. I love the colors (this picture color isn't totally accurate). It should end up cute and hopefully I can finish it before the baby is born.

3 comments:

Sarah Harward said...

SO CUTE! The dinosaur fabric is great! And I love how clean and neat your fabric looks on those bolts. Thanks for not saying that I recommended the cardboard ones!!

Larry said...

Very nice, someone must love you:)

Searls Stuff said...

If you go to a Hobby Lobby or another fabric store, they will give you the empty cardboard cardboard bolts. That is what I put my fabric on.