Tuesday, June 15, 2010

No Photos Please

I don't really feel this way. I keep forgetting to bring my camera to Ohio with me. Yesterday would have been a good day to have Mr. Cannon with me. My mom was up early and after we got her a shower, she looked so beautiful. I should have captured that moment. She had friends from work over (they brought her lunch) and then fell asleep around noon. The rest of the day was spent sleeping on the couch. Rhonda came in around 9 and got her to eat a few bites of Strawberry Shortcake (yum, she brought me some too). Then it was off to bed. She was a little agitated, she couldn't sit down on the toilet. I was trying to help when she said, "YOU --- HAVE ---B--O --- WHEN YOU ARE SITTING DOWN" being a little self conscience I smelled my arm pits and even my sister smelled my armpits and I DID NOT STINK! We did have a good laugh (me and Rhonda) after that. She woke up this morning feeling very tired. She went to the bathroom and I changed her sheets and she went right back to bed.

One great moment, when she woke up at 5:30, I went and asked what she wanted and she asked me if I wanted to lay with her. I spent about a half hour beside her. The little girl came out in me again, wanting her to take care of me instead of the horible reversal. Thirty minutes and I got up and gave Rhonda a few of those precious moments.

I have a feeling today won't be as good as yesterday.

3 comments:

Sarah Harward said...

I'm glad you've been able to have some good moments with Granny. If you get some free time (yeah right!) give me a call! I love you.

Searls Stuff said...

What a beautiful and poignant post. Stay positive.

Amanda said...

Go get a camera! I keep wanting to call and chat, but don't want to bug you. Maybe next week. Love ya!