Tuesday, March 9, 2010

What the heck do I do all day?????

All my life I have thought, "What the heck do I do all day?" Each day starts with housework, running errands, paying bills, whatever the family requires of me. Last week I decided to empty two cabinets in the livingroom with 34+ years worth of photos. What to do? I am not nor never have been organized (unless you count having most of the photos in one place organized) but decided the rest of the house wasn't too bad so I was going to tackle the photo problem, once and for all. I sorted, took photos out of albums, had to buy bigger tubs for the kids photos.
Started sorting and I am proud to say I have about 1 shoebox of photos to go through and I will be done. I plan on giving each kid their own tub of photos and when I die, they will only have to fight over the pictures of me, Larry, some family photos, and extended family. I thought I would get this done yesterday but started on another project (to be shown later in this blog).
Oh, yeah, the mess of it all.
Sunday, Larry got home from church before the rest of us (he was visiting another branch) and when we got home he was already changed out of his stuffy suit and tie and was walking around the yard, enjoying the nice weather. Brad went upstairs and came down looking like this. We all cracked up. Brad looks just like dad!! TWINS!
Okay, yesterday and today was spent washing down woodwork and painting. Here is the little bathroom with the new paint and the newly painted woodwork. I love the colors and can't wait to finish it. Still more to do, tomorrow I move to the hallway, dinningroom, foyer and beyond. Call me Buzz.

2 comments:

Sarah Harward said...

Looks great! Look at you being so productive!

Amanda said...

The trim looks really good, and the photos look like a lot of fun too. I wish I could spend a day or two looking through all those boxes. You should do a post dedicated to each of us with some of the more interesting photos from our boxes. Kaylie Bell did a tribute to her sister where she did that, it was really fun to read. Also the twins cracked me and the kids up!