Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Another Prayer

My room is at the end of a hallway. When I could leave my room, I walked out my door, made a right and there is the window to the helipad. Yesterday I watched two helicopters fly in and land there and then I was confined to my room. Hannah was able to watch a couple also when she came in the evening. Today, several have came and then went. My room is at the end of the hallway where there are 4 Seizure rooms to monitor patients like me and across the hall is the cancer unit. Several people come to the end of the hallway to make phone calls. I can hear stress in their voices. It is really sad and I think anger must be a result of stress. A man made a phone call to someone and was highly agitated. I have to admit I was a little scared (but then again I get scared in airports with 'spring breakers' around me). He was using lots of words that are not in my vocabulary but I know what they mean. In the course of his conversation I learned that his daughter is in a 'life and death situation'. I know what he is going through. I have been there. I don't understand the anger though. I have found another one of my mom's sayings is totally true, "You can draw more flies with sugar than vinegar" unless they are fruit flies, I guess. I will say a prayer for this man too.

1 comment:

Sarah Harward said...

How sad! Good job thinking to pray for them. And I think anger is a part of stress. Remember when Brad had that blood clot? Dad reacted in what seemed like anger, but was really stress!! Keep the prayers going.