Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Things I want my kids to know


I was laying in bed with Hannah on Sunday (cuddle time) and I felt I needed to share with her my knowledge of the gospel. She said, "Not now, mom." Yes, now. I shared with her that I know that Heavenly Father loves me and her and everyone. I have the full gospel of Jesus Christ. How lucky is that? Heavenly Father loves us so much that:

- He has given us living prophets today, for us.

- He cares about our marriages and gives us divine guidance as to how to make them strong

- He cares about our children and gives us divine guidance as to how to teach and train our children.

- He cares about us financially

- He cares about us spiritually

- He cares about our health

- He cares about how I feel about myself as His daughter - as a mother - as a wife

- provides all this so we can be happy in this life and in the next

- He provides wonderful programs for our children, teens and young adults to strengthen their faith

-He provides opportunities to strengthen my faith and also my homemaking skills

- He teaches us to be self sustaining

-He cares that we have His Spirit in our homes

- He guides us in important and non-important decisions in our lives

- He heals the sick through the priesthood

- He loves us no matter what we do and wants us to live with him eternally

Thanks to my kids for striving to receive the blessings he has in store for them. Please continue to strive.

Wow, I am blessed.

2 comments:

Sarah Harward said...

Thanks so much for this! It will be great to have to read to my kids!!
p.s. Are you feeling sentimental in that hospital room all by yourself? I tried calling today, but you didn't answer, so I thought maybe you wanted to be left alone! ;)

Amanda said...

Wow, your blog hasn't gotten this much attention in a long time!