Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Mark the day, SEPTEMBER 19

I am looking forward to that day, SEPTEMBER 19, 2010. I would love to say James is getting married *just kidding* but it might be the next best thing to look forward to. No, it isn't another wonderful vacation like I am currently on nor is it my forecasted day to win the biggest lottery in history.


Most everyone who reads my blog will remember that day about four years ago. We had just moved into our new house. Larry had a real job, real stressful job and I had recovered totally from my total hysterectomy. Life didn't get much better. The day was September 10, 2006. A day I had anticipated as I will this SEPTEMBER 19 date. With Hannah in bed and a nice storm coming in, I prepared to plop myself in front of the TV to watch one of the most important events (tongue in cheek) of my life take place on our big flat screen TV. Everything was going as planned until the power went out. I patiently waited thinking it couldn't be out for long. The hands on the clock on the living room wall were flying towards the appointed hour. Desperate, I called Duke Energy. I expressed the importance of having power. I told them if I didn't have power within the hour, I would miss something they could never give me back, I cried (literally). Well, the power did not come on, not for several hours so I missed the historic Manning vs Manning game. Commercials had hyped it up, all the sports shows were talking about it and I had to settle listening to the end in the car with my sweet husband. I missed seeing Peyton talk to Eli after the game and the face of his dad in the high-dollar seats. But, if you are upset at my previous plight, have no fear, cry no more:

SEPTEMBER 19, 2010

MANNING VS MANNINGLife is good!


4 comments:

Amanda said...

I guess this is the first time I've seen Peyton Manning, he really does look like stev-o

Kathy said...

and you are whose daughter??????

Searls Stuff said...

Oh, you have GOT to be kidding!?!?!?!?

Kathy said...

true story