Friday, March 7, 2008

Blogging without Pictures

I guess it is okay to blog without pictures. The pictures just make it more intertesting. So, my rampage for the day is.... I went to a girls camp meeting last night. It is CRAZY here. I was the only one who hadn't been to camp here and they talk in a foreign language. They call the girls Kits, Kats, Dits, and Dats and there are some other acronymns that Ican't remember. Instead of saying 4th year, 5th year, 6th year, ect (like the handbook does) they use these Kits and Kats stuff. I had to ask what it all meant, Kounselor in Training, Kounselor already Trained, Director..... How crazy is that? They have done this same camp stuff for over 25 years (there was a paper written up that some lady brought it here from California) anyway it is quite crazy and NO ONE messes with it. The one good thing is that the girls basically conducted the meeting and are really involved. OH YEAH, and each person who goes to camp gets a 'camp' name that they use at camp meetings and at camp. For instance, one lady was Dreamboat and that is what everyone calls her, instead of Sister Johnson or whatever. I guess I will get my name on the Thursday at Camp. I guess I have to make sure I am on my best behavior so I will get a good name, I would hate to be known as Farter or something like that. Wish me luck. No wonder I hate girls camp!

4 comments:

Sarah Harward said...

I'm really excited to find out what your name would be. That's funny. Good luck. Think of it this way. You'll have yet another camp horror story to tell (hopefully, it won't be as bad as sleeping in a tent with the girls who kept peeing their pants!!)

Sarah Harward said...

p.s. Have you checked to see if the picture of you and Landon at the Science Museum is up yet?

Amanda said...

Who picks the names and how do they pick them anyway Farter?

Zarsky Family said...

One year at camp, my mom got the name "bossy cow" and it stuck. Good luck with your name!