Monday, March 10, 2008

Mini - Mission

I am sure I will have a bit of a boring blog this week (why be different from any other blog?) because the whole family is on a mini-mission with the youth from church. We are cutting out TV, music, radio, computer, movies, etc. You might wonder how I am getting away with blogging? Journal? I also use it as a way to keep up with the girls and feel it is time with family, different from surfing the net. I will not surf the net.

Yesterday was a wonderful day. We came home from church and without the TV, Hannah and I worked on YW Personal Progress. She started looming a hat for Maya (it is a surprise), we read scriptures, had a family over for dinner, Hannah made cookies without my help, I showed Hannah how to knit (she wasn't interested in learning), Hannah delivered cookies to a blind lady we go to church with and to a family that was home sick today. It is amazing how much you can get done without TV and music to distract you. I love it.

I actually thought about how cool this would be to do as a family. I just had this idea but thought, why do we have to wait to do it with the youth? Anyway, anyone who reads this might want to give it a try. We also have to serve people, study Preach My Gospel, get up by 6:30 to bed by 10:30, exercise, eat 5 fruits and veggies a day, drink 6-8 glasses of water, and tons of other stuff.

Okay, I am off to see what I need to do today.

4 comments:

Sarah Harward said...

I guess the good thing is that even if no one else in your ward does it the right way, at least you guys are learning a great lesson from it, right?

Casey said...

I want to do it too! Except I count on the tv to give me some free time. Although Sundays are great and we don't watch tv, yesterday we played all kinds of games together. It was great. Oh I sure miss that Hannie! I wish she was here right now, or better yet I wish I was there right now so I could do all those fun things with you guys!

Casey said...

that was amanda

Peggy said...

What a great idea! PS I am with you on the whole girls camp thing!