Sunday, March 2, 2008



The weather was beautiful today so Grampy took Landon outside while I worked on Hannah's big reading project. We had to get a few pictures. Sarah was right, he came home from church and had his church pants down around his knees before he was even inside the door. I talked him into pulling them back up and going upstairs to put on his pajamas, which he wore all day long. He loves PJs, just like his mom. The funny things he said today was: 1) I turned his PJ shirt right side out and he wanted to do it. He got mad at me and I tried to change the subject and asked if he wanted to make cupcakes. He said, "NO! I want to do my shirt myself." I went downstairs and started making cupcakes. He came down and started playing on the laptop in the kitchen (pbskids.com) and when he asked what I was doing, I told him making cupcakes. He said, "I want to make cupcakes." I told him that he told me earlier that he didn't want to and he said, "I was mad at you when I told you no but I am not mad at you now." 2) When we were leaving church I said, "Come on Landon, let's go home" and he said, "NO! I don't want to go home, I want to go to Nana's house."

I know there is another one but I can't remember it right now. Maybe because Landon ran, non stop, all day and I am pooped and it is only 9:30. I can't wait to go to bed tonight. He went to sleep in the little room off of my bedroom tonight. I sat by the door and read my scriptures and he was asleep in about 5 minutes. Hopefully he will NOT wake up at 1:30 and complain about being hungry, and I won't have to go downstairs and get him a big glass of chocolate milk and a Fiber One bar and then go downstairs a second time for another big glass of chocolate milk before he falls asleep again in my bed. Yep, that was last night. Being a Nana is both great and tiring.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh you poor poor Nana. I'm glad you are having fun though. I know Sarah is loving it!

HoffmanFamily2 said...

Sounds like a fun day! Those pictures are so cute. I espically love the last one where he is mid air! Your such a good Nana. You've got great kids and wonderful grandkids!!

Sarah Harward said...

Welcome to my life! Thanks so much for taking him for the week. It's such a treat to have this time with Addie, who, by the way, is milking it for all it's worth. She is taking advantage of this one on one time though. She's been quite demanding. I LOVE the pictures you got! I miss that boy, and it's only been 1 day!!

Anonymous said...

I am laughing so hard. LAndon is so cute...it's funny because these are the same type of stories that Sarah tells me. I'm glad that you are having such a great time with him though. I think he is precious!

Casey said...

That last picture looks like Landon is calmly levitating by the transformer. Weird.